It’s still in the “Grace Period” for March, so it still counts!
This took much longer than I thought it would, so it’s still unfinished and unpolished, but it should work as a game from beginning to end.
It’s basically a Pac-Man clone (information taken from The Pac-Man Dossier and Understanding Pac-Man Ghost Behavior) redressed as a dungeon crawl.
Things that would be fixed if I had more time:
- A glitch in the tilemap puts extra pixels all over the place. I know how to fix it, just ran out of time
- No score information until you die
- No indication of how many lives you have (3) or how many you have left
- Only one sound effect, for picking up the coins
- Better death animation routine for player death
- Some kind of victory sound or something for when you clear a level
- Similarly for when you lose your last life
- Graphics for the Menu screen and the Game Over screen
- Music (I was going to add some, but HaxeFlixel didn’t like the mp3s I found)
Source code (should you wish to be horrified by my coding style): https://github.com/Korvar/GhostDungeon
Now I need a nap!